Retailers interested in filling their shelves with products featuring their brand name have good reason. Some of the biggest advantages of private label products include:
- Control over production – Third-party manufacturers work at the retailer’s direction, offering complete control over product ingredients and quality.
- Control over pricing – Thanks to control over the product, retailers can also determine product cost and profitable pricing.
- Adaptability – Smaller retailers have the ability to move quickly to get a private label product in production in response to rising market demand for a new feature, while larger companies might not be interested in a niche product.
- Control over branding – Private label products bear the brand name and packaging design created by the retailer.
- Control over profitability – Thanks to control over production costs and pricing, retailers therefore control the level of profitability its products provide.